Tuesday, October 7, 2008

When It's all been said and done....

I heard this song on the radio today when I was on my lunch break. The song instantly stuck with me and stuck a chord with my heart. This will become my nightly prayer, especially if I can find this song on CD or for piano. Because as we know, singing is praying twice! The lines in red are the phrases that speak most to me.


When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth
Did I live my life for You?

When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I've done for love's Reward
Will stand the test of time

Lord Your mercy is so great
That You look beyond our Weakness
And find purest gold in miry clay
Making sinners into saints

I will always sing Your praise
Here on earth and ever after
For You've shown me
Heaven's my True home

When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone

Lord I'll live my life for You

*Lord Jesus, when all is said and done, it is you that I have to answer to. Help me to be a faithful servant who can say that I have lived for you and done in my life what it is that you have asked of me. Help me to ask myself in prayer if I am living my life for you. Help me also to do what I can for your love's reward and help it to stand the test of time. Help me Jesus to see that Heaven is my true home. Help me Jesus to live my life for you. Thank you for everything dear Lord. Thank you, my sweet Jesus! Amen.*

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi there-
I was searching for this song on Google and your blog came up. Did you ever find the singer or songwriter? I'm interested in getting a copy of it myself. Thanks so much. My email is nikki.brungard@gmail.com.
Best,
Nikki